the Nurse is In

Saturday, January 22, 2005

cadet "Team Zissou" reporting...

Went and saw "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" last night. What a great film. That Wes Anderson is a brilliant, brilliant man. Only he could make Oceanography hip. His style is so unique, I love it. I especially liked team Zissou's track suits and simple "Z" insignia. Being the self-admitted science geek that I am, I definitely would have been a team Zissou cadet as a child...Okay and as an adult...

.


Survived my first week of clinical in the special care nursery. Had the same little snapper that went all wacky when I held him last week, this week. I can now proudly say I know the basics of baby care. The most impressive skill I learned was the "slow dance" one does when trying to console a little one. I found myself doing it even when I wasn't holding a kid. I'm hoping that's the first sign of a good neonatal nurse and not crazy.

Excerpts from Harper's:

"In India, men were calling tsunami relief help lines, offering to marry women who lost their husbands in the recent disaster. "I have no caste barriers, and my parents are very supportive of my decision," said one caller".

"In Hempstead, New York, two legal-reform activists were detained for telling old lawyer jokes outside a courthouse, including: "Why do they bury lawyers 100 feet into the ground? Because down deep, they're good people." An offended lawyer had the men arrested".

"...a police officer in the Philippines was accused of stealing a fellow officer's bomb-sniffing dog, then eating it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada