the Nurse is In

Friday, January 07, 2005

Calgarians - we are not happy with you...

Today in the news: "Toilet-brush caution wins award for dumbest warning; lawyers not amused". The sign on the toilet brush says it best: "Do not use for personal hygiene". Good god, they have awards for this sort of thing! Although, I do find the entire thing pretty amusing.

I am officially a student again!!! Life is good once more. No more night shifts until mid-March. It will be odd to once again have a normal sleep/wake schedule. Hopefully my new 'student-ness' will put an end to me handing out antibiotics in my sleep... My last shift was on New Years Day and man did it suck! We had 2 deaths and 1 code blue - all before 1400, it was ridiculous. Not that things are going to get any better in the NICU! I had my neonate resuscitation course yesterday...what am I getting myself into!! 2 finger chest compressions - eek!

Its nice to return back to normalcy after the holidays. I was lucky enough to have many visitors from out of town, mainly Calgary. I blame them all collectively for bringing the hideous weather with them. Vancouver and snow do not go hand in hand unless it is on some form of ski mountain. As a result of this dreadful weather, we've had to cancel our plans to go to Victoria for Meen's birthday. Calgarians, we are not happy with you...

The book club link should be added by the end of the month. The club starts in February with the Life of Pi. If you're interested, pick up a copy and make some comments! Has anyone read the latest hype, "The DaVinci Code"? I was browsing through a copy the other day and I'm intrigued. For some reason, I thought it was a detective thriller. I based this assumption on the fact that most hypes in the literary world seem to be trash mysteries.

Wondering if anyone is a Andy Warhol fan and would know the name of a painting I have unsuccesfully tried to find the name of. The painting depicts a woman wrapped in a shawl-type thing. Its done in very deep purples and its gorgeous!!! Alas, I cannot find its name. Please assist.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Random said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Blogger Random said…

    yo deep... u know u love us calgarians... dont make me spill the beans and let all your friends know that u too were a calgarian at one point... and ah yes... i do recall someone doing a lot of crying when she had to move to vancouver... traitor! (ps stop telling my girlfriend to move to van... its causing me great pain...)... and the visit was good... im sending the pics...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada