the Nurse is In

Monday, December 27, 2004

mission 'take back the Oscar' - members needed.

Its my last night shift for awhile....hurrah! Only 1 more scheduled shift before I go casual here and start my new position as a full-time student - again! I'm looking forward to having a somewhat normal schedule that allows for extra-curricular activities that do not include sleep.

Its a busy night on the ward. Emergency has been bombarding us with admits - whatever happened to people being too busy shopping on boxing day to be sick? The post-holiday illness frenzy begins now...

Went and saw Oceans 12 a couple of days ago. Any movie that involves Julia Roberts having to act as herself is an immediate write-off. God, I detest that woman. Anyone who is interested in a "Tell Julia Roberts how much she sucks club" let me know. So far we have 3 members. I feel honestly she does not think that there are people out there who do not like her and question her so-called acting talent. I cannot believe she has an Oscar! I want to write her a stern letter...

All in all, Oceans 12 was a tremendous disappointment. Even all the 'Brad Pitt eating' scenes could not save it! Tons of good stuff coming out though. Phantom of the Opera, Hotel Rwanda, The Life Aquatic, The Aviator and of course, A Series of Unfortunate Events!... must spend all of January in the movie theatres...

I'm hoping to have a "book club" link added to my blog in the next while. The book for January is "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel. So far there are 4 people interested in book clubbing this novel. If anyone else is interested, let me know.


2 Comments:

  • At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i notice that fat albert wasnt one of your movies that u were excited to see.... too bad deep... your ass is getting to see it... and if u want to complain about it u can join kels in the "the movie looks stupid" club... really i dont care.. u will see it and u will enjoy it beeyatch.... see u thrusday.... (i dont do drugs......promise)....

     
  • At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pft! What do you mean you dont like Julia roberts?! Any woman who can carry THAT much curly hair, that 50-tooth smile, AND those lips while on pointy stilletto heels is oscar worthy in my bookes. I dont care if she makes millions acting as herself in movies, or plays the same role again and again and again. Or that the climax of the movie generally revolves around her throaty man-laugh and overly toothed smile- she is the definition of oscar!

    I'm gonna start the anti-anti julia roberts club. Any takers?

    Meens

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada