the Nurse is In

Thursday, December 09, 2004

the 22-day "a better me" plan!

Being that there are only 22 days left until the end of 2004, I took it upon myself to contemplate what my 2005 new years resolution(s) should be. I don't usually make new years resolutions, well I do but I don't really take them all that seriously. But I realized that the resolutions I have set for myself for the upcoming year are exactly the same to those I set last year...crap. I guess this case and points (can one use this phrase as a verb?) my second sentence. That said, I have 22 days to put my 2004 resolutions into motion and complete them....anyone think I can learn to play an entire Matthew Good tune on my guitar and read, write and speak fluent Hindi in this time frame?

Another night shift. Its actually quiet for a change. The fact that I told my patients that they were allowed to use their call bell only once tonight and to be very very wise in their one-time call as eventually they would need to pee, could have something to do with it...if only. My days on this ward are soon coming to a close. I'm excited to start with the little guys and even more so, to be a full-fledged student (well to a certain extent) again. I can hear Sandra groaning and throwing things at me in the distance....

I really have this craving to go the movies right now. Among all the seasonal promotional flicks, there are some good ones coming. Oceans 12 for all the wrong reasons, The Aviator and A Series of Unfortunate Events!!!!!! Has anyone actually read the series? I've been meaning to.

Just finished reading the newspaper. Read a rather engrossing story about an octopus in an Alaskan aquarium who is pregnant - don't really know why this is news, but interesting nonetheless. Never knew that the female octopus stops eating when she is pregnant so that by the time the babies are born, they are either dead or dying....now thats effective parenting. Amused by Canada's new "no special-permit strippers" legislation.... at least Romania will be a happier, more naked country as a result of this law.

Oh, a patient has just cashed in their "one-time" call privilege, must run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada