the Nurse is In

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

great now I have a blog...Im officially a nerd.

To my many friends who will no doubt laugh and jeer at me because I have a blog now, here is my disclaimer: I work a lot of very very loooong nights, I need something to do in between dysrhythmias, projectile vomit and the hallucinating elderly.... Besides, this way I can share my fun nursing stories and indulge in medical rheotric. Besides, you all know how much I love the sound of my own voice....

Today has been a slow night. Well, I think one of my patients may have a full-fledged myocardial infarction (heart attack) before the shift is over (his telemetry is not looking promising) but aside from that, all is well. Mind you, I may bring on this heart attack as I keep walking in there every half hour or so asking him if he is having a heart attack....hey, Im just being thorough... This is the same patient I had a few nights ago who was hallucinating so bad he though I was a pious virginal church maidservant.... he tried to save my soul many times that night until finally I had to call security and get him restrained. Im glad he's calmer tonight.

Only a month or so of shifts left before I say adieu to the elderly and well, anyone over 1 month of age - hurrah!!! Baby poop is actually adorable - only a fellow nurse will understand this.

I can't believe its Dec. 1st....only 18 more days until the end is near....25 years old.... Im hoping I'll be in the same shoes as my hallucinating patient that day....that'll soothe the pain.....

1 Comments:

  • At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Deep,

    You're getting to be a bit of a blog yourself...

    AG

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada