the Nurse is In

Thursday, December 02, 2004

mystery solved!

Today was another day where the nursing students left us boxes and boxes of really good chocolate. While the gesture is nice, it makes me want to kick the nervous little peons in the seat of the pants as it sheds light on the time-ending question of why all nurses are or will eventually be stupidly fat.... Its only 5am and Ive eaten more than my fair share of treats. We also did a Tim Hortons run and from that I learned that a large sandwich, really is a large sandwich. What makes matters worse is I will more than likely go home and eat more. One consumes the strangest things at 07:23 after a night shift, I think my oddest being Karee (Indian corn flour yogourt soup thing) with rice and a side of nachos.

Its my fourth night shift and fifth shift. Im really really tired. I look like a drunk, Im surprised my patients are letting me inject them with stuff. Its also my first shift being in charge. I would have thought I would have gone mad with the power, but so far all Ive done is reject a bunch of patients from emerg....really, not all that glamerous...

Tomorrow I have a day off, well I get off of nights in the am but still. My plans include starting and finishing a paper. This course Im taking is by far, the most useless course on the planet. Its really quite embarassing actually. I mean in between having to make a collage for my first course and now having to write a 4-page paper on why I think I would make a really good nursing teacher, this NICU certificate is really starting to hold very little weight! Are all BCIT courses like this? I only ask considering how many of my friends are currently enrolled at the school.

New Years eve is fast approaching. My little cousin Gaurav is coming to town. Anyone have any suggestions for what we can do? We were contemplating the aquarium party, anyone ever been?

4 Comments:

  • At 5:43 AM, Blogger Admin said…

    This is a great blog you have here, deepshikha .
    Very interesting to read, so I bookmarked it.
    greets:)
    ------------------------------
    [My blog][avatars and funny stuff]

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All this food talk is making me hungry. Science World is also a great afternoon out for kids, and adults alike! It's good for an interactive type of outing. That was nerdy wasn't it?
    And no, not all BCIT courses require collage making. However, there was a girl at my final exam who asked the teacher if she could circle two answers on the exam b/c she wasn't sure which one was right.... *insert surprised and disgusted look* and my teacher helped her! Multiple choice doesn't mean you can choose multiple answers. My quote of the day.

    Fatima

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you should let your boyfriend decide everything for you....really, he's always right...let's face it!
    I think I'm drunk,but then again....I'm not,I'm bored and will be your stalker from now on Deepshikha...
    I think you should give your boyfriend lots of drugs he he feels good and extremely happy at all times...its the leat you could do....and for your cousin....drug him up too!....and hey...its ok....your a nurse....
    Peace Holmes
    PS Thug passion for life with my holmes and 40's

     
  • At 3:08 AM, Blogger Deepshikha said…

    very nice Chris....very nice....good god.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada