the Nurse is In

Friday, January 14, 2005

baby-1, nurse-0

Today was my first day where I actually got to interact and care for the babies in the special care nursery. As expected, one of the little guys decided to desaturate, fight for breaths and go bradycardic on me the minute he was put in my arms....I think he planned it! Luckily, it was a minor incident and he was fine 30 minutes later. So far, I am loving the special care nursery. It's a completely different form of nursing than my previous job - I think I have found my niche!...now if only I was allowed to take patients home...

My cousin is going to Brazil and Peru this summer. I was supposed to go with him but am now not going as I will be forced to start my 1-year contract soon after my certification is complete. My cousin is a lucky bastard and I hate him. Clearly, I chose the wrong health profession. Instead, I should have been an Occupational Therapist so I too, could gallivant freely around the globe. For anyone wishing to also become at OT, visit 'gmak's random thoughts'.

Saw 'The Aviator' last night. What a long movie. All in all, it was decent. I fear Leonardo DiCaprio will continue to look like a 23-year old even when he is eighty. The best part of the movie was Cate Blanchett as Katherine Hepburn. Admittedly, I know very little about actors and actresses of the earlier cinema days (black and white pictures put me to sleep) but she was impressive.

Tomorrow I am going curling for the first time in my life. I feel like I'm back in Winnipeg going to a social. Ice, brooms, big heavy rocks- what's not to like?


1 Comments:

  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Random said…

    hey deep... thanks for the love in your post ;).... u know u stilk can come for some of the trip (come to brazil in april before all those lame ass weddings)..(disclaimer: if your one of the weddings your not that lame... i think... i dont know u...) anyways my blog isnt OT related at all... its ranting..but theres some real shit on there now too... trying to get rid of some racist policies in the club scene... going to have some links up soon.. so far i got the news stations and have emailed the premier himself.... this time they pushed me too far...........

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada