the Nurse is In

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

"cowgirling", an acceptable Calgarian verb

Just returned from Calgary where I visited my brother, cousins and friends. I had a good trip, lots of relaxing, reading and cowgirling. I went to the Stampede twice and especially enjoyed the Grand Stand Show. I was impressed with how much money, time and effort had gone into the show, which celebrated Alberta's centennial year. B.C. I must say does not do this. This province, which has so much to brag about and celebrate does not put money into provincial identity or pride like other provinces do. Its a shame. Calgary during Stampede week is nuts. Everyone gets into it with pancake breakfasts at every block to CEOs of major companies donning jeans and cowboy hats to work everyday for a week. I was trying to picture Vancouver in the same situation. I think unless there was a 'gluten-free' or 'Atkins' option at pancake breakfasts and Miss Sixty jeans considered acceptable 'cowgirl wear', Stampede week in Vancouver would just not fly.

The new Harry Potter book is out!!! Let the good times roll. I bought it a day after release and still have not touched it. I plan to start reading it on Thursday as Pam and I plan on reading it simultaneously and then discussing it via email. Yes, the two of us are definently the coolest of the crew...


My cake decorating course is so much fun. Last class, I mastered the coveted rose.

Well, mine doesn't look as lovely as this one, but practice will perfect.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger Random said…

    i think u've had one too many cakes there deep... also all your stampede hating comes thru as jealously...im only jealous about the weather in van during the winter....much nicer than 40 below.. any ways.. good visit..

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Blogger Deepshikha said…

    hey gmak,

    i wasnn't stampede-hating, i was actually praising your city and the event you dunce.....

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Random said…

    u are now.. but when u were here u were hating.... its ok though.. i know u got some wranglers tucked away under yer bed....

     
  • At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You spelled "glutton-free" incorrectly...

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger Deepshikha said…

    glutton-free...heh heh.
    sorry folks, I meant gluten-free.

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Actually Dee, "cowgirling" is not a verb, but a peculiar type of noun known as a gerund.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada