the Nurse is In

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Pam, the newest vegetarian on the block

Am currently enjoying my stay in Toronto. Tonight Pam and I just got back from beautiful Montreal. Aside from the freezing cold weather, it was a good stay. I felt like I was back in Winnipeg, so chilly it was! We stayed on Rue St. Catherines, which is the heart of the shopping district in the Quarter Latin. The first night we got there, we found a cheap Thai place (all veggie, much to Pam's dismay) and ate. The next day we ventured the icy weather and trekked around historic Old Montreal. We had poutine for lunch and then went shopping down Rue St. Catherines. We then went and saw "Million Dollar Baby" as an escape to the outside.



I am so happy this film won the Oscar, it was fabulous. I highly recommend it and to anyone who does not bawl like a baby, you are made of stone and should be put in a box.

That night, we went to a lounge for appies and bevies and then back to the hotel. This morning, we went out for Crepes and then to the Montreal Science Centre where Pam and I faced off our Science skills ( I kicked her ass). The Science Centre had this really neat exhibit called, "An Autopsy for Murder" where you had to solve a murder mystery like a real investigator, it was quite enjoyable.

The highlight of our trip was Pam's voluntary and rather short-lived conversion to vegetarianism. During the entire trip, the only meat the girl ate was sausages for breakfast and then a Whopper on the way home to Toronto. She whined the entire time about not getting enough meat yet, she had apt (yes I said APT) opportunity to have it but chose not to. My diagnosis: the girl is a closet vegetarian! I think I like her a little bit more after this discovery:)

Anyone interested in this?:

Matt Good and Adrienne Maree Brown talk about how to get our democracy back
Sat. March 19 @7:00 PM Chinese Cultural Centre 50 E. Pender St.
Matthew Good, outspoken Vancouver musician and political commentator, and Adrienne Maree Brown, co-author of "How to Get Stupid White Men Out of Office," speak out about re-invigorating democracy, citizenship, and activism. Come participate in the discussion on March 19th from 7-9pm at the Chinese Cultural Centre 50 E. Pender St. $5 at the door. info@getyourvoteon.ca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada