the Nurse is In

Monday, March 28, 2005

where in the hell is Fort McMurray?

Last weekend, I went and saw the second installment of "The Ring". Admittedly, I was very nervous about doing so as that 'well' girl scares the bananas out of me. Much to my dismay, I did actually scream out loud during one particular scary scene in the movie. However, all in all, this movie is a huge disappointment when compared to the first one, (I still hate that damn girl though!).



Currently, I working a night shift at VGH, something I have not done since December. I had forgotten how nice night shifts are here when its quiet as it is tonight (blessedly!). I have done nothing since midnight and will hopefully continue this pattern until 6am. Being that it is a statutory holiday, I am especially basking in my state of 'nothingness'.

Last night I went to DV8, a very funky-ghetto lounge on Granville. The walls of the place were decorated with t-shirts that one could place bids for. One t-shirt read, "Where in hell is Fort McMurray?" and had a giant picture of Satan on it. I wished I had bid on it for my brother.

Planning your next vacation?, visit:
http://www.fortmcmurraytourism.com/index.php?area_id=2

From Harper's:
"Washington state legislature was trying to decide whether to classify goat-napping as a misdemeanor or a felony".

"Police in York, Pennsylvania, arrested a fifty-three-year-old serial sheep molester in a barn. The man said he was just petting the sheep, even though it was 3 A.M., it was not his barn, and he had baler's twine in his back pocket, which can be used to bind sheep".

"A Wisconsin woman rammed her car into a Catholic church after deciding that God does not exist; her car was destroyed, but the church was unharmed".

crazies...

1 Comments:

  • At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi honey,
    I liked your post. It was a true tribute to all the glory of Fort mac. I really was curious where that link would take me, but fear of boredom prevented me from cliking on it. So I'll just have to use my imagination..

    M

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada