the Nurse is In

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

movin' on up

Excerpts from Harper's:

Mecca Cola was on sale in fifty-six countries, and was the second most popular soft drink in France.

In Syracuse, New York, President Bush gave a speech so boring that it reduced a little girl named Brittany Fish to tears, and in Greece, New York, Bush discussed his plan for Social Security. "You got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in," he explained, "to kind of catapult the propaganda."

in Waxahachie, Texas, the high school student yearbook neglected to include a girl's name in a photo caption, referring to her instead as "Black Girl."

May has come and gone. What a busy month. My brother came and went, my friend Nina got married and many shift trades at work kept me quite occupied. I'm looking forward to June as I don't have much planned aside from my dance recital at the end of the month and Nav and Sandra's "movin' on up" party this weekend - debauchery at its best.

I plan to spend June basking in the sunshine on the beach. I'm hoping to get away once with the gals to Seattle and then again to the island for a weekend of nothingness. I also need to prepare for my cake decorating course starting July. Finally I can fulfill my dream of preparing and eating a multi-tiered cake! I will share, of course....ahem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada