the Nurse is In

Monday, September 12, 2005

sexy Gryffindor seeks sexy idea

Returned from Calgary a couple of days ago. Ashu and I painted up a storm. We painted the living room an olive green color, the dining room a terracotta color, the master storm grey and the guest a buttercup yellow/orange shade (well we didn't get to the guest room, he'll be flying solo on that one). The place looks pretty fab. All earthy and homey, now its just in need of furniture.

I'm all done my cake course - boo hoo. Much to my surprise, my little cake making venture is taking off. I have a couple of cake orders on the horizon. I hope I don't screw them up!

I have started brainstorming ideas about my upcoming annual Halloween party. Being an advocate for organized fun, "Halloween" is much too broad a theme for me. I need a theme for my Halloween party. Last year's "come as your favorite fictional character and then add an adjective in front of it" was a hit. My 'sexy Gryffindor' was quite the costume. I have a couple of great ideas thanks for Nav, Sandra and Barb but need a few more before I decide. Ideas?



The Vancouver Fringe Festival has begun. I've only checked out one show so far. It was called, "Patti Fetti, The Lover". It was pretty hilarious. A one-woman show about a should-be Saturday Night Live character. Go check out the Fringe, its good fun.
http://www.vancouverfringe.com/

3 Comments:

  • At 3:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a pen private lable site. It pretty much covers pen private lable related stuff.

    Come and check it out when you get time

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Dee, sooo can you get a cake to Winnipeg safely by tommorrow, I'll take one, j/k. In hounour of the recent Hurricanes, how about that for a theme for the Halloween party and then people can come dressed as what you might find in the after math, maybe a shingle ripped off a roof or a looter, or people can dress like Rita and Katrina or for someone who is always late and really cheap--they can Come as President Bush, he he he. The possibilities are endless!!
    Take care have fun!

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger Deepshikha said…

    Hi Jen!!! How nice that you frequent my blog! How are things? Drop me an email when you have time. You should come to my halloween party - I'll let you know what I go with for the theme. Thanks for the idea:) Hope you're well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada