the Nurse is In

Friday, December 22, 2006

27 red balloons

I hate aging. There I said it. I'm embarrassed to admit that aging really, truly bothers me. I know it defies all logic, age is just a number and the natural progression of life but all in all, I hate it. I don't really know why it bothers me considering I'm truly happy for where I am at 27. I have a wonderful family, fabulous friends, a loving boyfriend, a kick-ass condo and a job that challenges me each day. I have my health, I've done a considerable amount of traveling, I have hobbies that I have time to pursue, I have money to spend... And yet the age factor still makes me cringe. I think the thought of running out of time to pursue my goals and spend time with my friends and family scares me. That said, 27 doesn't feel so bad right now.

I had the perfect 27th birthday. All my friends and I went up to Mount Seymour and spent the day snowtubing. It was a day of wipe-outs, hot chocolate and icicle toes! Afterwards we went back to my place and had tea and cake courtesy of Meens. She made the tastiest vanilla raspberry cake - mmm! Later in the night, the remaining few went out to Honey for dancing. It was a birthday I will not forget! Pictures are posted in my Photo Albums, feel free to peek!

I look back at the last ten years and so much has changed. The last few years have solidified my persona. I feel confident in my identity as me, daughter, friend, sister, girlfriend, neonatal nurse. I suppose if 27 feels this good, it can only get better! That said, 28 - take your time!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:16 PM, Blogger Himaani said…

    I'm glad that you are happy with were life is at for you. The coming years are only going to get better for you, so embrass them!!!

    Welcome to 27, Deepi!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada