the Nurse is In

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Silken Threads

Soar above me with gossamer wings
Stars, like bullets shine through the silken web
Bleed your sorrow upon me
Unconventional ally, somewhat unaware;
You've become my only solace here.
Silken thread that binds me to this place.
Like Taj.
Immortality reminds me,
Sorrow is the steed of beauty
I am forever entombed in silence;
my legacy but a flicker in place of the flame.
Ablaze is my heart ready to consume.
Beneath kohled lashes;
Knots of saffron, earth and vermillion
Tug at silken threads.
Stars like bullets, gossamer wings;
witness to pleasure, to pain.
Let them know, beneath these lashes,
a woman bleeds.

-Moninder Dhiman & Deepshikha Garga, 2002

2 Comments:

  • At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This was so long ago! I dont think we could even write like that again. Every time I read it, I love it more.

    Too bad that book deal fell through hey?

     
  • At 12:38 AM, Blogger Deepshikha said…

    Damn book deal!
    It is a beautiful poem, we should try writing another one!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada